Answered By: Joyce A. Miller Last Updated: Aug 20, 2021 Views: 26
Please note that the library and IT (student computer services) staff share some common space in the Scoville Learning Center, but help students with different services. To save time, please direct any questions to the appropriate area.
- For library research needs: contact the library staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For computer and printing needs: contact the IT staff at email@example.com.
The library will be open to students, faculty and college staff during the summer from Mondays to Fridays, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. It will be closed to the general public. (Check the Library Calendar link below for summer holidays when campus is closed.)
Virtual services - book borrowing and research help - are available.
Librarians will be available to answer questions remotely or in person. See the Ask a Librarian page, linked below. or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the chat during open hours.
Borrowing print books: SUNY Adirondack students, faculty and staff may borrow print circulating books by contacting a Circulation Desk staff member at email@example.com to arrange to check out and pick up books during open hours. (Electronic books are also available, from the search box on the library's home page.)
- You can also directly request books from our Start Your Research here box. See link with directions below.
- Borrowed books can be returned to the drop box slot on the south (parking lot) side of the Scoville Learning Center.
Contact a Librarian
- For immediate help, use the Chat box link mentioned above, which offers screensharing through Zoom.
- For a longer Zoom research appointment with a librarian, email us with details and some possible days and times, and we'll contact you to set it up.